Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Some Notes on Our Blog/Reader Response

With the season in full swing I wanted to put some notes out there on what to expect from Doug and myself.

I suppose I should start with Doug first, the Red Sox writer on here. He doesn't have internet and just hasn't been able to post for a while. But he promises us he will be posting this season.

As for me, I'm going to write as much as I can considering I'm busier than last year especially at work. I've decided to change the "Hindsight and Foresight" posts that were weekly last year on a monthly basis. This will help to determine more big picture trends on the Yankees season and give me a better sample size to work from when analyzing player's statistics. I'll have my first one the beggining of May.

To any of our readers though, ask us questions or post comments on here. We can also be emailed at rivalyredux@gmail.com We'll even take non-Yankee/Red Sox questions. This is baseball, so there's always something to debate even if it's baseball history.

Reader Response

I thought I'd respond to our reader Rashad's comment that the Tigers are making him nervous. If you aren't looking at the standings yet, the Tigers are the worst team in baseball accoring to their 0-7 record. Should we be concerned this early? Probably not too much, unless they end up having the worst start ever in baseball history--and I'd have to look up what that was--then they'd have to make up a lot of ground.

What this may come down to for the Tigers is that the team needs to learn to gel better. With new players and some key injuries it's a matter of team chemistry. The Tigers are a very talented team on both sides of the ball and their management has put a top team on the field, so I think it's just a matter of time until they go on a huge tear.

1 comment:

Bruce said...

It's one thing to take a skid early in the season, its quite another to lose an entire month. If Detroit doesn't turn this around soon they are in for a long and miserable season of trying to play catch up.