Monday, April 7, 2008

Belated Predictions

I had these in my head and thought I'd throw them out although we're a week into the season. These are my predictions for the 2008 baseball season all around the majors.

Let's start with the big question, whose going to the playoffs and who will win the enchilada?

The road there...

AL
East: Red Sox
Central: Tigers
West: Mariners
Wild Card: Yankees

NL
East: Mets
Central: Brewers
West: Diamondbacks
Wild Card: Braves

Playoffs:
ALDS
Detroit Tigers over New York Yankees in 4 games
Boston Red Sox over Seattle Mariners in 4 games

NLDS
New York Mets over Arizona Diamondbacks in 4 games
Atlanta Braves over Milwaukee Brewers in 5

ALCS
Detroit Tigers over Boston Red Sox in 6 games

NLCS
Atlanta Braves over New York Mets in 7 games

World Series
Detroit Tigers over Atlanta Braves in 5 games

And the award goes to...

AL MVP: Miguel Cabrera
NL MVP: David Wright
AL Cy Young: Justin Verlander
NL Cy Young: Jake Peavy
AL RoY: Jacoby Ellsbury
NL RoY: Joey Votto

1 comment:

rashad said...

The Tigers are making me nervous right now. I know its early, but their hitting is tepid, Zumaya is still out and the rest of the bullpen is looking shaky.