Thursday, May 31, 2007

Posting Triumphant

Well, since Teddy's gone for the weekend and won't post (during a Sox/Yankees series - bad form!), I will begin shaping this blog in the image of my own baseball philosophy.

Mainly, I need to pick up on things that I left unmentioned in my last post, and that Teddy's latest jogged my memory on.

'Kay, the Rocket is coming back. And pitching against the White Sox.

The way the White Sox are hitting, what's the difference between this and another AA start?

Johnny Damon needs to go on the DL - perhaps the least revelatory revelation since "Lindsey Lohan needs to go into rehab". On top of this, the Yankees are apparently considering trading him. I guess they figured since that he and Derek Jeter are the only productive hitters the Yankees have this year, and Jeter is untradable, they have to trade Johnny.

Hey, ya think Gary Matthews, Jr. is available?

Hmmmm... so the Yankees wanted to trade Giambi, and now he's hurt. So they might trade for Richie Sexson. Sexson would essentially replace Doug "I'm taking my ball and going home" Mientkiwicz.

A comparison (BA/OBP/SLG):
Richie S.: .195/.298/.390
Dougie M.: .217/.286/.375

I guess that's a slight upgrade on the OPS-sensitive statistics, but Minky is a better defensive 1B (though with Giambi hurt I guess Sexson would DH) but is Sexson's level of production really worth $15.5 Million?

I'm just sayin's all...

'K, that's all I really have to think about - more posts will come over the weekend, even if Teddy is shirking his obligations.

2 comments:

rashad said...

Why is no one mentioning the ill-advised decision to get rid of Gary Sheffield?

Brian said...

What about the ill-advised decision to pass up Vlad Guererro to get Sheffield in 2003? I think Sheff did his complaining thing since he wanted another new contract and that drove him outta town.