Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Battle of the Benches

Just having read Doug's post on battle of the benches between the Red Sox and Yankees I thought I'd weigh in (pun intended, very badly I might add) on the Yankee bench.


Melky Cabrera: No one on the Red Sox has got Melky. 'Nuff said.

Josh Phelps: A fighter finding his way back into the ring. He took his pops at Andy Phillips, but that's amateur stuff. He needs a good ass kicking to step up his game again. Either that or he'll tag in his platoon partner Doug Mientkiewicz.

Wil Nieves: Much like his lack of hitting, he probably doesn't know how to throw a punch, but is very good at catching things like balls and fists.

Miguel Cairo: Cat and mouse style, but it doesn't get him anywhere really.

This exercise has me thinking though--I would like to see the Yankees get into a fight with another team. If only for one thing, Kyle Farnsworth--who has a history of tackling and body slamming players during brawls--that might make his contract worth the while to me.

No comments: