Monday, June 2, 2008

Lawsuit!

So like two weekends ago I wrote out a post longhand over the weekend with every intention of typing it up and posting it at work that week. Then Jon Lester went and threw a no-hitter, and all my clever bits of insight (including a "Scenes from the Yankees Front Office") seemed a trifle shallow. It's all worth resurrecting at some point, but currently the notebook that contains this post and I are about 1,000 miles apart, so now is not that time.

(On a personal note, I lost luggage somewhere between Charleston and Providence - Reagan Airport is the best guess of where it landed. Keep an eye out, Teddy - my Spice Girls T-shirt is at stake)

I just learned that Ortiz is going on the DL, which means that Man-Ram will probably DH, with an outfield of Ellsbury, Crisp, and Drew. I am very thankful that Coco Crisp was not traded for the sake of trading him, even though I was definitely in that camp this offseason - he wants to start, teams need center fielders, he could bring back value, let's go ahead and trade him!

As for the title of this post, about fifteen minutes ago I walked in on a Fox Sports story about the Lakers-Celtics NBA championship. The graphic that was used to introduce the story was "Rivalry Redux".

KA-CHING!

No comments: