Monday, May 5, 2008

There Will Be Blood

This is awful.

For once, I'm not getting melodramatic about anything that happened on the field, but rather something that happened off of it. According to a story at espn.com, a Yankee fan killed a Red Sox fan over a - what else? - Red Sox/Yankees argument.

I can't let this go without at least one quip - namely, that maybe this is a good time to retire the insufferable "Yankees Suck!" chant - but really, this is a situation to be dead serious about.

Hey, Teddy and I are proof positive that Red Sox and Yankees fans can exist in harmony without raised voices and certainly without bloodshed.

I'll write something a little more topical to the state of the Sox later on, but just felt the need to say something about this while it was fresh on my mind.

No comments: